Eurotrip 2012- Neuschwanstein Castle Take 2


We have arrived to my final Europost! (Before of course I give you two more rambles about our trip to finish out the week- but for that tune in tomorrow heh.)

We left Lauterbrunnen and our cozy chalet that next morning to head all the way to Munich. This meant that we had one more shot at seeing the lovely Neuschwanstein Castle. And this time we were successful!!

Now I say successful- but what I really mean is that I was super pumped and ready to rock that hill to take some beautiful photos and Roisin was ready to be a total dick.

Honest. Hoooooonnnnnestly, I could have killed her and left her body in the woods. I could have. No one. NO ONE moans as much as she does when physical activity is involved. And she moans and whinges like a Scottish lassie whinges . With anger. She again was thrust into the whole “no one is suffering like I am suffering” escapade where she almost missed out on the whole thing entirely. About three times she just wanted to stay where she was and wait for me. What. A. Wanker. The love of a my life. But a wanker. She’s reading this right now and likely raging. But she knows she pushed me. The walk down of course was effortless and completely fine.

I think the walk up was worth it. The castle is lovely and I was so happy that I got a second chance to see it. Roisin is still alive. For now.

Then we hopped back onto the bus and made our way to Munich. Our staple, Hotel Mons Am Goetheplatz was full so we ended up staying in a hotel that in fairness was much closer to the pick up point. Munich felt like our home away from home though – this being our third time there over the few months of travel. We wandered a little bit that evening and got some noodle boxes from the train station then used the wifi in the hotel bar to catch up on the world.

The next morning we were going to start the longest fucking journey ever. And it was going to be just as awful as we thought it would be. The next time we were going to sleep would be in Edinburgh.

We got on the bus at 8am and drove from Munich to Paris. Then in Paris we walked all along the Champs Elysees to the Megabus stop to take the bus through France to hop on the ferry to head to Dover. This part was slightly tricky as I didn’t remember to print my plane tickets so I was a Canadian trying to enter the UK with nothing indicating I had intentions on leaving… luckily the border guard trusted that I was being honest that I was flying back to Canada in a week so we wiped the poo out of our pants and sallied forth.

Once we made it to Dover we continued on our route to London where we switched buses for one heading to Edinburgh. I believe our trek in the end was 26 hours long. TWENTY. SIX. HOURS. on buses – no sleep. I honestly don’t think either one of us got much more than a few hours of shut eye.

Then Roisin’s dad picked us up from the bus station and we were on our way to her family home to die/ recoup.

Thank you for joining me as I tell the tales of our wee excursion. I have had chats with so many lovely new faces over the last… well… almost year as I recount this journey. Please stick around, I always blog regularly and I’ll likely have some more adventures soon.

Tomorrow I’ll be posting the best of- from my Instagram photos from the trip.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: